The washing machine/Lowes saga continues so I had to go out to my sister's to do my laundry again this weekend. I will post more about what's been going on with my washer if and when there is ever a resolution to the problem. I've been trying to get the darn thing fixed since July 11th! Needless to say, Lowes will not be my store of choice the next time I need a major appliance.
Since Carol has become a prolific sewist lately, she has been building an impressive fabric stash. So, while my clothes were in the laundry yesterday we set out to organize her sewing room. I am sure she will be blogging about it so I won't go into detail, only to say that it is evolving into a wonderful sewing space.
So today, I made her covers for her serger and sewing machine to protect them from sunlight and dust when they are not in use. I was afraid they were going to be "wadders" because I used a commercial pattern instead of just making up one myself. And, I don't know what machines they were designed for but they were huge! I had inserted piping and I didn't want to "unsew" them. That much "unsewing" and I would go blind! So I added some ribbon ties and they turned out so cute. In fact, I like them so much that I may make some for my machines. Here are some pictures of them. Ths is my sewing room, not Carol's, but I wanted to show how the covers look on machines.

4 comments:
I think our fridge is on the blink...I definitely won't be buying from Lowes if you've had a problem with them.
Is the garage apartment your sewing room now? Grandmother would have liked that.
I love the covers! Hmmmm, I have a sewing machine that could use one :) I love that fabric! Is it green and brown? It's hard to tell but it sure is cute.
I bet Carol will love those in her sewing room so don't get too fond of them! LOL
Those r too cute! I could see that fabric making a CUTE purse :)
Post a Comment