I know the two shades of brown aren't exactly today's style. But she was gorgeous in her younger days! And she sews anything!
I have been looking for a vintage mechanical machine to compliment the Pfaff and I found it on Ebay. I got a 3/4 size Kenmore 1040 that was in great condition. What a cutie it is! It came earlier this week but I was in corporate training all week so didn't get to check it out and clean and oil it until today. It is surprisingly clean for a machine made in the early 1970s. So now I feel comfortable sewing with it. The inside is in great shape and looks like it has a relatively new belt. It has all the feet...everything that came with it originally except that the instruction book is a photocopy. There is some yellowing on the plastic on the front but that is to be expected on a machine that is over 35 years old. Here is a picture.
Once again, we have a two tone color scheme but this time it is 2 shades of green! It weighs about 15 pounds so it will be great to take with me when I want to sew away from home.
I am very happy with this addition to me sewing room and plan to put it to work tomorrow! I do like my new toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment