
On a recent trip to Joann's, I bought the Spring 2009 issue of Sew Stylish. It is a magazine aimed at 20 somethings (wow, that is so not me!!!) but it has some really good sewing tutorials. It has articles on inserting zippers, how to read a pattern, how to sew in a sleeve, how to put in a hem by hand, how to fit a sundress top and more. It has so many good instructions that I have ordered 2 more copies of this issue...one for Carol and one for Jaime who got her first sewing machine for her birthday in May. I know she is excited about learning how to sew once they get settled in their new home in Colorado Springs.
The next issue is due on the newsstands in early August. I hope it's half as good as this one. As most of you know, I love sewing magazines, books, and blogs and this issue is brilliant.
1 comment:
I am so excited about getting that magazine...especially the zipper tutorial. When you see my new post on my blog I want you to know I made the entire thing with my serger except the top stitch!!!!
Post a Comment