Monday, August 30, 2010

My Sewing Room

I've been trying to make my sewing studio a place that is more inviting in hopes of spending more time there. Like doing some sewing, maybe! After all, Christmas is only 4 months away! Yikes!

I have stored most of my fabric stash in clear, plastic bins in the "avalanche" room. There is still some clutter to organize but it looks so much better. I have made covers for all my sewing machines to protect them from dust and light. I made matching valances, a chair pad and a matching ironging board cover. I am pleased with the look. The fabric is home dec fabric I got earlier this year when Fabric.com had a big $1.95 per yard sale. I really like it. It coordinates with the table skirts.








I am taking a few extra PTO days along with the 3 day holiday weekend. That's a 5 day sewcation. Can't wait...

3 comments:

The Shoemakers said...

Very nice! I bought a pattern and fabric to make a sling I'm just too scared to attempt it by myself. Maybe when Leslie is in Mothers day out next week I could come over and you can give me some pointers *aka* HELP lol

Jaime said...

Wow! I'm impressed. My sewing "room" is in the laundry room and often smells like poopy cloth diapers! But I am loving my new sewing machine :)

Carol said...

I'm so proud of your sewing room! I'll be glad when i have one again.