Monday, December 27, 2010

The Countdown Continues

Christmas is over and now I am looking ahead to having the cancer surgery done and getting the recover behind me. Today I got the okay from my primary care doctor for the surgery. So, I assume the echocardiogram was fine. So unless they come up with some other ways to bill the insurance company, I only have one appointment this week. It's with the oncologist on Thursday. The one potential problem is the fact that my company is changing insurance providers on January 1st. I am believing that this transition will go smoothly and that the surgery will be next Tuesday.

I believe God is going to see me through this trial and that I will be a stronger person when it is over. I did go back and read the Notes from Pastor Andy that he wrote during his battle with cancer. He called it being in the Valley of the Shadow of Death. He got his report earlier this month that his Stage 4 colon cancer is in remission. And I believe that the voice that told me I had cancer was God telling me to get to the doctor. I am blessed that my cancer was caught early and I don't feel that I am in the Valley of the Shadow. I am trusting that He will give me many more years ahead.

More to come.....

No comments: