Sitting in the hospital parking lot earlier today, the realization that i don't have a choice in this dawned on me. It's not like elective surgery. I have to go through this whether I want to or not...whether I am ready or not. Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked at the bottle of gunk I have to drink to prep for the CT scan Monday morning and read the paperwork that said they are looking for endometrial cancer.
Am I afraid...YES! Am I going to be okay no matter what happens...YES.
I got a message from an online friend who went through the horror of breast cancer this last year and is doing great. She said I would have a lot of things on my plate in the near future but that I would make it. Thanks, Ann.
Think I will go online and read all the past "Notes From Pastor Andy" for some encouragement.
I have to remember to breathe...and, focus on life.
2 comments:
We love you Aunt Laney and will be there through it all! I'm only a phone call away if you ever need to talk or wanna just hang out and...teach me how to sew ::hint::hint :)
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this and am more sorry I can't be there with you. You are daily in my prayers! Love you.
Post a Comment