Yesterday I had my first appointment with the oncologist. I really liked the doctor. My sweet sister-in-law went with me. I appreciate her so much. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
Of course, my company would decide to change insurance companies the first of the year. So, pending the insurance info being in the system on time, my surgery is scheduled for January 4th. Between now and then I am scheduled to see my primary care doctor to be sure that I am healthy enough for surgery! I am having a PET scan on Wednesday. Then back to the oncologist on Dec. 30th.
I am really trying to stay calm through all of this for fear of having a bad Meniere's episode. After the initial shock of hearing the word CANCER 2 weeks ago, I think I am okay now. I am not looking forward to the pain from the surgery but I am so grateful to God that it appears to be in an early stage and the surgery should take care of it.
I have already posted a message on Facebbok urging all the women in my like to have a routine pap smear. Early detestion in the key to a long, healthy life. I am so thankful for the voice in my head that told me I had cancer and to go to the doctor. Thank you, Jesus!
I know the journey has only just begun. But, if God can heal Pastor Andy of Stage 4 colon cancer, I know that He will heal me, too.
More to come...
1 comment:
Pastor Andy has definitely given you the stepping stones to follow on your journey. God is a big and merciful God. I love you Sissy!
Post a Comment